It actually didn't turn out too badly. I got a ride from a very charismatic, friendly and warm neighbor (her parents are the same), and was saved from making conversation by two other guests hitching a ride. Not seeing everyone for nearly a year gave me enough to ask about, and new updates to share. But most of the time was spent dancing anyway, and only the first half hour was devoted to formal dancing. The rest whittled away to apple cider drunkenness. And the Dr. Horrible sing-a-longs. I had fun, but I was itching to go by the end, so it's a good idea not to do this too often. The ride back home was filled with more meaningful conversation, but we had to drive someone home who lives an hour away, so I was struggling to stifle yawns.
When I hug someone, I hold their heart as though it's the most precious thing in the world to me in that moment. Every heart should be cherished, because no doubt it's gone through a lot and is still beating. I've been complimented on my hugs, and it's something I feel genuinely accomplished in. I may not know the worth of many things, but I know the worth of hugs, a hand to hold, and smiles.
P.S. Hummus and veggie appetizers for Christmas dinner? I think so.
ETA: Finished! And, I got all the excel sheet for research done, too. I feel so productive today! But I still can't get started on that damn commission.


No comments:
Post a Comment