Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Dinner

Suddenly the idea of not going to the Waltz seems like a bad one.  I'm not certain I can handle groups of people today, and the thought of having to think up things to talk about (socializing?!?) makes me just want to bake a cake, curl up on the couch and be fat.  Not get fat, be fat.  Why can't I enjoy socializing like everybody else?  I reap the same mental health benefits of socializing as everybody else, but the extraction seems so much harder.  Eww.  Blegh.

ETA:  Well, I called for a ride.  Here goes.  Let's see how well I last at a social event with people I haven't seen for a year.

Recipes after the cut.

Lemon Pound Loaf
3/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter, grated lemon peel, and sugar for 1 minute. Add vanilla and eggs. Beat until thoroughly combined.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture.
4. Grease the bottom of a 9-inch loaf pan. Pour batter into pan.
5. Bake for 50 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan.

Makes 9 servings.

Argued with Mother about making her pound cake.

Maybe it's not about her being irritable.  Maybe it's me being too argumentative.  Ok?  Let's try that.

Pirate Santa by *RobbVision on deviantART

For Christmas
Cauliflower Gratin, Roasted Acorn Squash with Cinnamon Butter, Fennel, Prosciutto and Pomegranate Salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment