My smile changes over time. A few years ago, it was like Lena Headey in Imagine me and You, with the corners of your mouth turned down even though you were smiling. Sometime in pictures I would consciously pull down my lower lip when smiling to make sure that I got a nice smile. Those always turned out fake. This summer I smiled with the muscles on the side of my head. One day I realized that I could wriggle my ears doing that. Now my smile's all upper jaw. I feel like I'm all teeth when I'm smiling.
But at least I'm smiling.
We're celebrating VV's birthday tomorrow, and I don't know what to get her :( I don't know what to get the rest of my family for Christmas, either...For my father? My mother, sister and brother-in-law? Ack. I feel like I'm the one with no spirit this holiday. I use to get everybody presents, and now I'm not sure anyone will get any.
I want to be like Ellen DeGeneres. Not because she ends up with someone like Portia de Rossi, but because she's spent so much of her life laughing and making others laugh. She and Portia got together about 6 years ago, right? Ellen's 53. I want to spend my entire career laughing and living life like Ellen did, even before she met Portia. If I don't meet someone by 50, or ever, that would be fine: I'd have laughed throughout my life.
So anyway, I love this:
P.S. I'm in love with my new numeric keypad.
No comments:
Post a Comment