Last night did get worse, but it didn't escalate into a self-destructive explosion of angst. At least, if it did, I handled it better than I've done in the past. I skipped dinner, and curled up for bed with Buck around 8pm. He had his yearly check-up at the vet and got two vaccinations, and he's always exhausted after shots so we just slept. I left him standing on my bed while I went to brush my teeth and found him standing terrified. Poor thing, he must have thought I was leaving him again, to be tormented by cooing strangers injecting him. I want to teach him how to be brave, but learning true bravery is a very difficult thing.
When I think about it, I don't have just one set of parents: the parents of my friends care for me more than I would ever expect of non-blood related people. Either I'm assured of their fondness by their children, or they assure me through their kind words and actions. One pair post Facebook encouragements throughout my Finals week, others a pat on the back or words of wisdom. It's like my friends are also siblings, because I always feel treated as part of a family whenever I visit. The fact that I'm such a troubled child despite all this support is troubling.
Whenever I feel bad and need inspiration for art (that commission), I browse dA, today for big feline art. They always make me feel calmer somehow, the way lighting a candle makes me feel. Here are some favorites today.
For redda by =Nizira-Hathor on deviantART
I love this comic:
Guardians Comic Page 29 by =akeli on deviantART
Leopard Royale by =akeli on deviantART
The Last Chapter by =akeli on deviantART
Consulting the heavens by ~balaa on deviantART
Looking at lion portraits always make me feel comforted. I guess they remind me of Aslan:
Illumination by *MerenSheritra on deviantART
Je Maintiendrai by *MerenSheritra on deviantART
Lovely character designs:
Koganeiru by =Nizira-Hathor on deviantART
I'm not sure why, but I love these zebras, SO MUCH!
Felidi - Page One Zebras by =whisperpntr on deviantART
Heehee
Gryphon Palz by *hellcorpceo on deviantART
No comments:
Post a Comment