What a long morning today was!
After going to bed at 10pm last night, I woke up at 4am this morning and hitched a ride to school with Mother when she went to work. I borrowed the car and drove to the LGBT-CRC, planning to use their awesomely strong computers to work on Elenxji's commission, only to find that they've shut down the campus. Most of the school-owned buildings are closed. I briefly attempted breaking into the LGBT-CRC, but that failed and I was force to call a friend to take me home while Mom works until 1pm. It was really interesting sneaking around campus at 4am, then watching the sunrise. It's bizarre to come home and start up the computer as though the day has just started, when I've been running around since the wee hour.
But now I don't want to work on that commission. I just want to learn PHP object oriented programming (which makes up the bits of Silvanon's code that I need, but don't understand). I'm going to have a look at the code again and see if I can't make the pagination code work today. Buck has a vet appointment later today, and Father wants me to help him call someone (that's no surprise: he wants help with something every day since I've been here). My pinky's acting up again, but I'm just going to bandage it up and work.
I lit a candle to test methods of extinguishing the flame without producing smoke (cover it with cup and trap smoke until it seeps into the wax? it has to go away at some point), and accidentally got my sleeve too close. The entire sleeve lit on fire briefly then burned itself out in a few seconds, which was momentarily scary and still fascinating. I wonder if the fuzz on the outer parts of the fabric was what burned away, and the thicker weave underneath needed a stronger flame in order to catch fire. I shouldn't experiment, but I'm really tempted.
I'm also strangely depressed today. After an initial violent fit of despair over not being able to work on that commission, reading distressing reviews about Bio42 (my life is going to suck worse than Bio41), reading mediocre artist applications, and not feeling the desire to work on a commission I've been delaying for 2~3 months now, I'm just settling down to code. I refuse to let the depression prevent me from being productive today.
No comments:
Post a Comment