Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rant/Whine

I...really don't appreciate it when my slippery fingers delete 2/3 of the physics problem set I've been typing up >.<  It's been such a struggle to get through physics this week to begin with that I really don't need this right now...Argh.

-sniffles-

-bang head against desk-

I really, really want Thanksgiving so that I can snuggle Buck and mope in bed for a few days.  Maybe then I'll feel more productive to study again?  Hopefully?

Why didn't Google doc recover that document?!

-------------------------------------------------

Sometimes when I feel helpless, incapable and insufficient (there's probably a word out there that expresses all three), I pretend I'm autistic.  I give myself permission to do things differently when I feel like I can't work the way other people do.  It's easier to see the world through autistic lenses, because you let yourself marvel at every little thing, and even the simple act of choosing a spoon from a set of utensils, then a napkin, is satisfying.  And the sounds are amazing.  You'll notice every little click, clack, tap, thud, and thump.  Loud, high noises gives you a headache though.  For a while you can imagine that people aren't judging you because they don't get to, because you're different.  Special.

And the interesting thing is, it's not hard to do at all.

I have a huge headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment