Saturday, November 13, 2010

Eyes Hurt

...but I felt productive today.  I reviewed all my lecture notes (basically re-wrote and re-worked class problems) for Chem35 and worked intermittently on lab data.  I couldn't finish everything on the list by midnight because my eyes hurt so much from staring at the screen all day long, but since he's much faster than I am, I hope he was able to finish the rest and get the data needed for his grant proposal.

Still old psets to go over for Chem35.  I have a volunteer gig from 7:30am-9:30am tomorrow morning, so I should get to bed at some reasonable hour tonight.  There's always coffee to grab, and I have to bike over to the hospital since buses don't run that early (marathoners do, apparently).

My parents came up for coffee today, and we went to a flea market across the street.  I had a good time.  I feel a bit guilty that I have the pleasure of my parent's company and the option to run home whenever I need to (not to mention a Mother who brings you pads and toothpaste when you've run out and is too busy to go out and buy them yourself, as you should be learning to do).  But I excuse myself as finally being able to build a relationship with them after five years of enmity.  I told them about my plans to study abroad in Spring quarter, so that'll be an opportunity for me to practice truly being away from home.


autumn koi by `hibbary on deviantART

No comments:

Post a Comment