Thursday, October 28, 2010

I slept

And yesterday, instead of performing number 4, I took a nap, woke up, did art, and went to sleep.  But I'm not an art major!

I'm bored bored bored bored bored.

Neverth thought I'd say this in my life, but really?  Really now?  Where's the desire?  Passion's still there, but honestly, ARGH.

I guess I can remember this from high school, the frustration that made weeks last too long.  But back then, it was acceptable and passed quickly.  Maybe I'm not as academic as I thought I was, maybe there is a limit to my patience when it comes to sitting in classes, doing homework and taking tests.  I still believe in what I'm doing, still believe in what I'm taking, but I can't be bothered to do it right now.  Seriously?  Seriously.




Thursday 10/29/10
2:15-4:05 Stats141
4:15-6:00 Sleep
6:00-7:00 Dinner
7:00-8:00 Animation pod
8:00-10:30 Chem35 OH
10:30-11:30 Bio41 PS2
11:30pm-3:00am BioStats141 PS5

Friday 10/29/10 (TGIF)
3:30-8:00 Goodnight
8:00-8:45 Breakfast
9:00-9:50 Chem35 lecture
10:00-10:50 Physics21 lecture
11:00-12:15 Bio41 lecture
12:15-1:00 Biology department pumpkin festival/lunch
1:00-1:30 Borrow Saving Face from Green
HOMEWORK TIME!!! BE HAPPY!
5:00-7:00 APO pledge kidnapping + Halloween party
7:00-9:00 Physics21 midterm review, Hewlett 102
9:15-12:00 Saving Face graphics

Write to Eric about training time

Again, see?  Naps!


I think I may be so bored with life that I unconsciously decide to sleep things off instead.  But this is unsettling :(  I want to be back on my academic horse, except that it looks really high up right now, and I don't have the energy to get back on.  What am I going to do after writing this and before going to my animation pod?  Sleep?  Ugh.


I am freaking out slightly, yes.  This is not a usual freak out.  If I were a scientist observing me for many years, I would be wondering the sudden change in my subject.  I don't even know what I need in order to get out of this o.o  Comfort?  Energy boosts?  Change of classes?  Entertainment?  Eh?

I get a little celebratory dance/gloat/blog post.  I stayed up super late for BioStats141 pset!  Mainly because I spent 2 hours trying to figure out this little code:
 > for (i in 1:nrow(expr)){
+ x <- expr[i,2:12]
+ y <- expr[i,13:23]
+ tt <- t.test(x,y)
+ pp[i] <- tt$p.value
+ }
> length(pp)
[1] 22283
Yes, it's a stats class that uses the R statistical program, which requires us to learn beginner's programming skills.  I worked super hard to figure this loop out, and har har, I did it!

My blog posts are nowhere near grace-land.

No comments:

Post a Comment