Saturday, January 15, 2011

Winter '11 Week 2 - MLK Weekend

I have a terrible time just sitting and studying.  I have to write, I have to synthesize something, and best if I was creative with it.  As I sit reading science articles I keep thinking about coding projects, and even though I have no project in mind or CS homework, I need the creativity to flow.

So I make mind maps of articles I'm reading.

========================= This Weekend =========================
Current Homework

Bio42
Textbook reading: 408-428, 556-565, 473-502, 505-523, 649-665 (read again, if you can), 669-678, 605-607, 612-615, 627-632, 733-745 This is impossible, we're reading about regulating pathways that malfunction to cause cancer, and I have no idea what it's talking about.  Let's just read the teacher's notes. AK confirmed it: don't bother with the book, just read the teacher's notes.
Cell Biology PS2

Physics23
Textbook reading: 19.1, 19.3-19.4, 19.7-19.8, 20.1-20.7

HumBio185
3A Axel The Molecular Logic of Smell.pdf
3B Hudspeth The Hair Cells of the Inner Ear.pdf (read again)
3C R Carroll Between water and land.pdf
3D J Clack GETTING A LEG UP scientificamerican (so beautiful!)
3E Feder Skin Breathing in Vertebrates scientificamerican.pdf
3F Kupfer Parental investment by skin feeding in a caecilian nature.pdf
3G Narins Frog Communication scientificamerican 0895-78.pdf
3H Shen Ultrasonic frogs show hyperacute phonotaxis to female.pdf
Week 3 questions
Textbook reading: chapters 8, 9, 10

Bio136
Book reading: 36-51
Lazcano 2010
Losos_Ricklefs_2009.pdf
Palumbi_2001.pdf

trinkaus 2011.pdf

Non-Homework Responsibilities
FAFSA
BOSP Australia application
Hopkins Marine Station application
VPUE summer research application
Research
Buy Thought Notebook

------------------------------
Catch Up Homework

Humbio185
Textbook reading: Chapters 1, 2, 3, 6
Week 1 questions
Week 2 questions
Thursday's lecture: VertBiolec4Fishlocomotionlateralline.pdf
Tuesday's lecture: RFernaldEyeEvoSlides.pdf
1A Gould The Evolution of Life.pdf
1B Holland - A chordate with a difference.pdf
1C Coates - Beyond the age of fishes.pdf
1D Nicholls - MOUTH TO MOUTH.pdf
1E Grillner - Neural Networks.pdf
2011VertBioSlidesLec1Jan4.pdf
2011VertBioSlidesLec2Jan6.pdf 

Bio136
Book reading: 1-35

No comments:

Post a Comment