Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Maia Mosse

I feel used, by Maia. She always just wants to get her homework done, just wants the right answer, that she wrenches it out of me, and when she proves me wrong, she does so just so that she can get the right answer, and the moves on, while I'm left behind pondering over the new upturn she has just given me. She doesn't offer any guidance on finding the right answer, she doesn't give me help. She only takes.

It hurts, a little.

I took my chem midterm 2 again today, under an hour limit. I always fail to judge what concepts they're trying to test me on, and believe it or not, I think the time limit does put a pressure on me. Funny, I didn't think I had test-anxiety problems, but apparently, I do? So now I guess I'll just have to simulate the test taking environment as much as I can, starting with the math 20 midterm 2 next Monday.

Jennifer was wearing jeans today - I've never seen her wear jeans before. I was at a near empty office hours, so it wasn't as helpful, but at least it was relaxed. I need to learn how to phrase my questions to be more general and conceptual than specific and about detailed problems. I need to get her to talk, or because when I ask really specific questions, we spend a good chunk of time staring at each other while she tries to understand my question and put it into context. Ooops...that's not helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment