Sunday, February 28, 2010

2. Love


Today I mistook the farmer’s market to be at 8am when it’s truly at 9am. Jessica doesn’t want to go until 10am, but I’m not sure I want to go that late since it gets in the middle of really prime working time. By the way, I’d really like to start working with Google SketchUp to build the Felishorn world and to learn how to create houses for myself.

And I keep forgetting that I should use this space for my morning writeup practices. So here, today's topic is love.

Halle gazed at the child with mixed feelings. The pains of birthing had exhausted her, but she was a strong and able felishorn, and so shortly after she was able to breathe regularly, sit up, and examine the kit. The white bundle squirmed in distress when her warmth left, and his mews cut through the air. Strong voice, she thought, and energetic. Her mind flashed back to four months ago, when she would have first conceived him. It was her time, and so the wandering lust overcame her and she took to the mountains and found the snow, who embraced her as though she was an old friend. Then together they created a second life within her, and remnants of that same snow now lay next to her in the wet grass. If the child had been female, Halle would have seen a place for her within the clan and would have trained the kit herself to understand the sentinel's ways. But since he was male, she knew one day he would leave her, forever.
"You're my first son, you know..." she mused aloud to the kit. "and I don't know the first thing about sons." In reply he wriggled towards her, determined now to reclaim the warmth. Halle ran a slow tongue over his shivering frame and that calmed him, then with a sigh she lay down in the grass next to him, flicking him with her tail to move him to sleep. The sun peaked over the horizon and illuminated mother and child, and Halle let out a misty sigh. We'll take it one step at a time.

Love thoughts! Now back to Primavera.

No comments:

Post a Comment