Well, the night was meant for reading on Monterey Bay snails as research for my lab paper (due Saturday), and what to do when I start falling asleep? Browse food blogs for interesting recipes, desperately looking for a way to use up all the mixed greens I bought at the farmer's market today. Large leafy greens, what to do? I can work with spinach ('burning' them is my current favorite method), but the only thing I can think to do with large leaves is to roll them with some canned tuna mixture. In any case, peruse. I've become such a foodie lately that my academics might as well have gone down the drain as my belly swells.
http://scanwiches.com/
Homemade: Italian Sausage, Caramelized Onions, Roasted Red Peppers, On a Baguette
Homemade: Turkey, Ham, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Swiss, Mayo, Mustard, on Wheat Bread
Five Boro Bistro @ Google NYC: Ham, Turkey, Lettuce, Onions, Cheddar Cheese, On White Toast
Everyday Food Magazine Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwiches: Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Cheddar, on a whole wheat bread (click here to read the article)
D&D Deli: Virginia Ham, Mixed Greens, Fresh Mozzarella, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Mustard, on wheat toast
General Store: Organic Peanut Butter, Honey, Banana, on whole grain bread
Rocket Joe’s: Meatballs, Marinara Sauce, Melted Mozzarella, On a hero
Crosby Connection: Chicken Pesto, Grilled Chicken, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil, Tomato, Pesto on a hero
Homemade: Canned Tuna Fish, Onions, Mayo, Fresh Ground Pepper, On Toasted Multigrain
Homemade: Nutella, Cream Cheese, Raspberry Jelly, Cinnamon Powder, On French Toast
Homemade: Fluffernutter: Peanut Butter, Marshmallow Fluff, on White Bread.
Homemade: Smoked Turkey, Lettuce, Tomato, Purple Onions, Mayo, On a Roll
May I never run out of a sandwich idea ever again.
Breakfast sandwich of the week: smoked mozzarella, roasted butternut squash, fried egg, and baby arugula tossed with a little olive oil + balsamic vinegar.
Oat Crepes: http://xobreakfast.com/post/4170610292/oat-crepes
Make your own Nutella: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2011/02/homemade-nutella-recipe-chocolate-hazelnut-spread/
No knead bread: http://xobreakfast.com/post/3632281671/jim-laheys-no-knead-bread
Spinach Frittata: http://xobreakfast.com/post/3705668953/roasted-corn-garlic-baby-broccoli-and-spinach-frittata
French Toast Bread Pudding: http://xobreakfast.com/post/3338710020/french-toast-bread-pudding
Monkey Bread: http://xobreakfast.com/post/2763348078/monkey-bread (http://xobreakfast.com/post/2756878987/monkey-bread-in-the-making)
Creamed Spinach and Egg: http://xobreakfast.com/post/2612944024/fried-egg-with-creamed-spinach-roasted-mushrooms-and-pro
Pizza Dough: http://www.thewednesdaychef.com/the_wednesday_chef/2011/02/jamie-olivers-pizza-dough.html
Salmon Toast for Lunch: http://www.thewednesdaychef.com/the_wednesday_chef/2010/07/toast-and-a-summer-break.html
Ragu di Pesce: http://www.thewednesdaychef.com/the_wednesday_chef/2010/09/well-that-went-by-in-a-flash-didnt-it-i-hope-you-all-had-wonderful-augusts-full-of-fresh-corn-and-shooting-stars-and-mo.html
Marcella Hazan's Tomato Anchovy Sauce: http://www.thewednesdaychef.com/the_wednesday_chef/2010/10/marcella-hazans-tomato-anchovy-sauce.html
White beans with tuna and onion: http://racheleats.wordpress.com/2010/05/24/may-24th/
Each recipe is like a science experiment I'm dying to try. If only I had unlimited monetary resources, and the credibility to call myself a scientist.
No comments:
Post a Comment