Thursday, September 23, 2010

Quotations

I'm trying to redecorate my room, because the first round of pictures that got thrown up was insufficient to cover them (I do have four walls and a ceiling to work with this year), and I've since then ordered more pictures.  Now they're all strewn on my floor and I'm uncertain how to place them.  However, they do need to be placed, because not seeing my floor is starting to bug me (only been a day or two, ha ha).

There's this great irritation that nags me, but not one that urges me to go out and do things.  In fact, just the opposite, it urges me to go out on walks, find Cyrus, the RF's dog, or contact friends.  Unlike everyone else, I'm not content to be busy, but there's still a great amount of energy that's got to be expended on...something.  Having a room this year means I spend less time worrying over hiding feelings and pretending to be someone else.  I can be exactly who I am, on this blog and in my room, and I suddenly find myself unable to express myself.  It's bizarre.

I thought maybe quotes might be a good way to express myself this season.  Since I'm unable to express myself, perhaps others can do better for me.


For friends and family
"We go together like a song in the air, 
like a once-in-a-life-time memory to share.
We go together like dreams and prayers,
like a little bit of heaven, now we're already there."

For Light
"You're waiting for a train; a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can`t be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together." - Mal, Inception
"Don't worry. There will always be a door to the light." - King Mickey, KHI

"That last bit of light is always the hardest to snuff out." - Sephiroth, KHII

For Audacity and Attitude

For Love

I have pictures of all these beautiful women, not all of which are suitable under Love.  What am I suppose to do with them? o_o  Oh, wait, I know: Virginia Woolf.
If one could be friendly with women, what a pleasure - the relationship so secret and private compared with relations with men. Why not write about it truthfully? - Virginia Woolf

"The truth is, I often like women. I like their unconventionality. I like their completeness. I like their anonymity." - Virginia Woolf

"Who shall measure the hat and violence of the poet's heart when caught and tangled in a woman's body?" - Virginia Woolf

"Why are women... so much more interesting to men than men are to women?" - Virginia Woolf


"You cannot find peace by avoiding life." - Virginia Woolf

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." - Virginia Woolf

"These are the soul's changes. I don't believe in ageing. I believe in forever altering one's aspect to the sun. Hence my optimism." - Virginia Woolf

"Thought and theory must precede all salutary action; yet action is nobler in itself than either thought or theory." - Virginia Woolf

"That's not true!  The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!" - Sora, KHI

"It is the nature of the artist to mind excessively what is said about him. Literature is strewn with the wreckage of men who have minded beyond reason the opinions of others." - Virginia Woolf.  I don't know what to do with this one, but I do like it.

"Life is not a series of gig lamps symmetrically arranged; life is a luminous halo, a semi-transparent envelope surrounding us from the beginning of consciousness to the end." - Virginia Woolf


"Masterpieces are not single and solitary births; they are the outcome of many years of thinking in common, of thinking by the body of the people, so that the experience of the mass is behind the single voice." - Virginia Woolf

"Odd how the creative power at once brings the whole universe to order." - Virginia Woolf

"The eyes of others our prisons; their thoughts our cages."  Virginia Woolf 

 

"Why do you want to fly?  I want to be free." - Amelia Earhart

"If you have a dream, don't wait.  Act." - Axel, KHII

"What's gonna happen to me now? Just tell me that. Nothing else really matters anymore." - Roxas, KHII

"He was the only one I liked. He made me feel... like I had a heart." - Axel, KHII

"Aw, we don't hate it. It's just kinda... scary. But the world's made of light AND darkness. You can't have one without the other, 'cause darkness is half of everything. Sorta makes ya wonder why we are scared of the dark..." - King Mickey, KHII


Roxas: No one would miss me.
Axel: That's not true.
[Roxas leaves]
Axel: I would.

"A scattered memory like a far-off dream. A far-off dream like a scattered memory. I want to line the pieces up, yours and mine." - Roxas and Sora, KHII

"Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind is written large in his works." - Virginia Woolf

"As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world." - Virginia Woolf

"I can only note that the past is beautiful because one never realises an emotion at the time. It expands later, and thus we don't have complete emotions about the present, only about the past." - Virginia Woolf


Sora: Don't give up. I'm searching, too.
Cloud: ...For your light?
[Sora nods]
Cloud: [drops something into Sora's hand] Don't lose sight of it.

Riku: Giving up already? C'mon, Sora, I thought you were stronger than that.

Sources: Firefly?  Australia (2009)? LotS?

No comments:

Post a Comment