My wall is looking good! I was so restless on Saturday, not being able to do anything but think about my room, and going insane with the heat, but I got enough done to sate my desire to...decorate. It's also by no means done, but it's gotten started, and I think this one part of the wall will serve to inspire the rest. Slowly, piece by piece, I think it will come together, the way my walls at home came together through four years of growing. I'll only have one year here, but it should be ok.
I've been watching Youtube videos of the new Kingdom Hearts game, Birth By Sleep. I'm happy that there's a Roxas similar starring in the game, but he's so much like Sora, it's like playing the first game over again. I'm not thrilled, and there's many things about the game play that annoys me as I watch it (Ventus holds his keyblade backwards, and swings it constantly; he also does a little dance in place when stalling in battle), but I won't be playing it any time soon, so I should just enjoy the graphics. Meanwhile, I'm reading through the KH1 game script during study breaks, looking for good quotes for my wall.
Mysterious Voice: There will be times you have to fight. Keep your light burning strong.
Mysterious Voice: The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes. But don’t be afraid. And don’t forget...You are the one who will open the door.
Riku: And suppose there are other worlds...Then ours is just a little piece of something much greater.
Sora: A paopu fruit...
Riku: If two people share one, their destinies become intertwined. They’ll remain a part of each other’s lives no matter what.
Kairi: I just can’t wait. Once we set sail, it’ll be great.
Donald: This boat runs on happy faces.
Riku: What? You’d rather fight me? Over a puppet that has no heart?
Sora: Heart or no heart, at least he still has a conscience.
Riku: Conscience?
Sora: You might not hear it, but right now it’s loud and clear. And it’s telling me you’re on the wrong side!
Ariel: So many places I want to see... I know I’ll get there someday. I’ll find a way somehow. I’m sure of it.
Dr. Finkelstein: Emotion, memory... We put in all the necessary ingredients. What else do you need to make a heart? What is a heart anyway? I can’t figure it out.
Kairi’s Grandmother: (to young Kairi) Long ago, people lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. And darkness was born in their hearts. The darkness spread, swallowing the light and many people’s hearts. It covered everything, and the world disappeared. But small fragments of light survived...in the hearts of children. With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost world. It’s the world we live in now. But the true light sleeps, deep within the darkness. That’s why the worlds are still scattered,divided from each other. But someday, a door to the innermost darkness will open. And the true light will return. So, listen, child. Even in the deepest darkness, there will always be a light to guide you. Believe in the light, and the darkness will never defeat you. Your heart will shine with its power and push the darkness away. Do you understand, Kairi?
Piglet: I’m so glad we’re all together again. I didn’t know what to do when I was all alone.
Tigger: Aw, Piglet, you gotta be brave.
Riku: The darkness will destroy you.
Sora: You’re wrong, Riku. The darkness may destroy my body, but it can’t touch my heart. My heart will stay with my friends. It’ll never die!
Sora: I know now I don’t need the Keyblade. I’ve got a better weapon. My heart.
Riku: Your heart? What good will that weak little thing do for you?
Sora: Although my heart may be weak, it’s not alone. It’s grown with each new experience, and it’s found a home with all the friends I’ve made. I’ve become a part of their heart just as they’ve become a part of mine. And if they think of me now and then...if they don’t forget me...then our hearts will be one. (readying his Wooden Sword) I don’t need a weapon. My friends are my power!
Sora: I was lost in the darkness. I couldn’t find my way. As I stumbled through the dark, I started forgetting things—my friends, who I was. The darkness almost swallowed me. But then I heard your voice—your voice.
Sora: That’s it! Our hearts are connected. And the light from our hearts broke through the darkness. I saw that light. I think that’s what saved me. No matter how deep the darkness, a light shines within. I guess it’s more than just a fairy tale.
Sora: You’re wrong. I know now, without a doubt. Kingdom Hearts...is light!
Mysterious Voice: Remember, Sora. You are the one who will open the door to the light.
No comments:
Post a Comment