Sunday, September 12, 2010

Art Slump

A few weeks ago I had one of those up-till-4am debate with a friend about the value of art, the conclusion of which was that we were simply arguing over vocabulary, and that everything would be settled if we started differentiating between intentional art and art.  My argument was that most pieces of art were examples of technical skills, where as true art played with your mind and made you think, expressing some philosophy on how life works.  She argued that art was art if it was painted, sketched, glued together, etc., and every work needed to be accepted as art, even if not appreciated.  Nevertheless, I haven't been able to appreciate are since, thereby losing my source of inspiration.  So, I'm in a huge art slump, and my room decor has not gone very far.  Neither my Felishorn work, which I had intended to make huge progress before going into hiatus for the school year.

Also, I'm developing a mucus-y, achy throat that won't become a cold but won't go away.

Mother left for a trip to Las Vegas this morning, and Father felt lonely, so he calls me at 6:30am to go have coffee (breakfast).  That expanded to a mega-size garage sale, a trip to the dog park (Buck came), and shopping at Office Max, Costco, Michaels, and Taco Bell for lunch.  Then I went back to dorm and fell back into my art slump.  But at least I got adhesive to hang my mirror and Christmas lights.  I just can't bring myself to put up picture decorations because of ART SLUMP.

-curls up-  Go away, world.  I want brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment