I...really want to do a Stanford version of this for National Coming Out Day on October 11th this year. Rather than 8 person per video, it should be about 5, so that it runs for about the length of a song (3.5 minutes). There would be one for lesbian, gays, transgender, and bisexual. To tie things up, we could even do an Ally video, in commemoration of what the day really means.
NCOD is geared towards promoting understanding and acceptance of the queer community, and traditionally it encourages closeted queers to speak out, and encourages the straight community to listen with open ears and hearts. "Yes, we're gay but..." videos would encourage people to see that being queer isn't the only thing that identifies us. Queer people lead normal lives, too, as part of the our community. They're fathers, mothers, children, co-workers, teachers, club presidents, RAs, artists, you name it. Being gay doesn't mean you belong to some exclusive club and that everyone should accept you, it's just one more part of what makes you a wonderful human being.
I need to ask Cory about this, and see what we could actually do with the videos after we made them. And I'm hoping H would be willing to help me with this. I think she knows a lot about making short videos, and since I'm planning to work on this during the summer, we both might be free enough to get it done.
Here's my list, for example:
- I don't like San Francisco, and I've never been able to find the Castro district
- I don't like to dance, or party, and big groups of people make me nervous
- I love to draw, and paint, and read, and I love dogs, especially my dog
- I don't wear make-up. I don't even have chap-stick
- I like climbing trees, and walking barefoot, and I really don't mind getting dirty
- I want to major in biology, and after my Ph.D. I'd like to work with the environment, and travel.
- I like country, and instrumental music, and a little bit of pop. Oh, and lots of Disney.
And maybe work on this some more when it's not 4:15 am.
I need to ask Cory about this, and see what we could actually do with the videos after we made them. And I'm hoping H would be willing to help me with this. I think she knows a lot about making short videos, and since I'm planning to work on this during the summer, we both might be free enough to get it done.
Here's my list, for example:
- I don't like San Francisco, and I've never been able to find the Castro district
- I don't like to dance, or party, and big groups of people make me nervous
- I love to draw, and paint, and read, and I love dogs, especially my dog
- I don't wear make-up. I don't even have chap-stick
- I like climbing trees, and walking barefoot, and I really don't mind getting dirty
- I want to major in biology, and after my Ph.D. I'd like to work with the environment, and travel.
- I like country, and instrumental music, and a little bit of pop. Oh, and lots of Disney.
And maybe work on this some more when it's not 4:15 am.
No comments:
Post a Comment