Like this, then add two white front paws.
Today I found an Australian Shepherd in the Stanford bookstore. He was a friendly fella, going around saying hello to everyone. The book clerks didn't know what to do with him, so I gave the phone number on his tag a call and left a message. We sat outside for a while, then a graduate student Sid stopped by to say hi. Sid came from Mumbai and worked with stray dogs for ten years, so he knew a little bit about dogs. Not how the American dog system runs, I think, but he helped me take Nugget back to my dorm, where we left another message then called the police. They've had him before, so they sent out another police to come pick him up.
We had so much fun before the police came. Nugget's trained, so he could sit, lay down, stay, come, and shake, both left and right paws. He chewed my lanyard in half, so we played keep-away with one bit. He follows the lanyard when it's in my hand, so I walked him through some basic dog agility. Given a Frisbee, I'm sure he would have loved that, too. He's a young pup, about 2, so happy and healthy, if a little bit matted. I have a picture of him on my phone, but I can't get it off without paying.
I was suppose to do last week's reading for my Happiness class today at the bookstore, but that obviously didn't happen. But I'm thankful for the adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment