Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Looking Over Studying

Ooomph, studying for Chem31B, SLE92 and (not) Math20 is starting to become taxing.

Chemistry
It feels like I know the materials already. I'm not quite sure whether I'm reviewing things effectively. Things I've done
- gone over previous tests and identified the cause of my mistakes and outlined them, creating suggestions for avoiding making those mistakes in the future
- going over section worksheets and write-ups, paying special attention to equilibrium and rate laws, acids and bases,
- going over PRS questions in the morning, most other stuff done at night

Other things to do
- go over every day's lecture notes and outline, discarding extra information with hindsight now
- read through chapter outlines, using titles to determine which areas I don't understand as well as others, and use that to delve deeper using Psets and sections.

SLE92
- finishing books that I haven't finished (Buddhist and Islamic texts, Rameau's Newphew, Descartes, and Locke)
- mostly I'm trying to prepare for the ID section, whereas the essays I can work on at a slower, more careful pace

Math 20
- need to go through equations and textbook concepts
- find calculus cheat sheet to study from
- brush up on integrals and graphing methods
- take practice exam

No comments:

Post a Comment