Saturday, December 5, 2009

Home?

I don't understand what makes a place a home. I mean, I understand the sense of happiness, of tranquility and goodness, since those are the states I value most. So I try to imbue my living quarters with those senses, but once my roommate enters, most of those senses disappear. Now, she's not a terrible girl, but I can't seem to have a living space with another individual. At least not with her. I can't work in my room, either, when she's there, I think (see, I don't really know what it would be like to have the room all to myself; I'd imagine the problems would be solve, but then again I could be completely wrong). So I trek to the Chemistry building, where I can best work. But now the journey becomes dredging. Other people seem so at home in their rooms, yet I can't stand to be in mine when I have work to do. What makes a place comfortable enough that you can do everything in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment