I've never kept a blog before...And you can tell I'm just full of bad cliches today. We're off to a great start.
But here's the story.
I am freshman at Stanford, hope-to-be class of 2013. That is, if I make it. That is, if I can survive the next four years, a challenge that every single student faces, and most of them are more qualified than I am to be here. There are many here who can say that they accepted the offer of admission because "Stanford is like Harvard, but with palm trees,". There are many here who got to choose between a number of early acceptances, including Williams, Yale, Columbia - some of the top colleges in the nation, and many more in the world I'm not aware of. I'm here because I'm making a financial and intellectual gamble for a world-class education over the expected junior-college-transfer-UC student. In a way, this is my one big shot. Messing up means a long time spent cleaning up. So...
close your eyes, take a breath, and jump
If they gave an IQ test to every student here, I would be low on the chart. So I spend a lot of my time studying. Today, I woke up at seven, got coffee and did a little bit of shopping with my father, studied math on my new white board, met with my humanities group, studied more math, had dinner, worked on my humanities midterm, and took a walk. Now it's two in the morning and I'm just taking a moment of reflection to start this blog and keep the people who are close to me updated. This is how a Saturday usually goes for me here; Sundays are pretty much the same. There's a lot more to write about, too, but perhaps it's better to start slow and short. There's plenty more details to share at a more reasonable hour.
I was browsing BTemplates.com for a chemistry/science layout. The search engine didn't turn up any, but I'm sure there must be some science geeks out there. If anyone finds a good layout, please do share.
No comments:
Post a Comment